What Sets Wisselman, Harounian & Associates Apart?
Law. Life. Family - Our Philosophy is Simple, Putting You & Your Family First
At Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, we aim to provide compassionate care with a level of commitment that goes above and beyond what other divorce and family law firms provide. Our attorneys take pride in delivering high-quality legal services, applying proven litigation techniques, and staying up-to-date on changes in laws.
Our legal team is unique because they have practical experience in a diverse range of family law disciplines. This gives us a distinct advantage when it comes to handling legal matters like asset and property distribution, and complex legal issues.
We have 150+ years of combined experience and are determined to do whatever is necessary to help each of our clients. Our lawyers also pride themselves on being extremely attentive to every need that arises throughout the process. We work closely with our clients to keep their expectations and emotional states calm and composed.
Family Law Tailored to Your Unique Needs
Allow us to help you through your divorce by protecting your rights and providing a compassionate approach to ease the stress of the difficult situation you are facing. Using "hands-on" tactics, our Long Island family law attorneys at Wisselman, Harounian & Associates will devise the right strategy to address your own very specific needs and help make your goals a reality. We have dedicated ourselves to creating a firm that is a cut above the rest.
With our sophisticated knowledge in all areas of divorce, we are prepared to provide the most creative solutions for your case. Through hard work and a dedication to our clients' best interests, we are prepared to go the extra mile when you need us most. Please contact us today to schedule your first consultation with a Long Island divorce lawyer at our firm. We are waiting to hear from you.
What You Can Expect from Our Attorneys
- An analysis of the facts and legal issues of your case, and an assessment of your legal rights and obligations.
- Information and advice about the law in your jurisdiction, the legal process, as well as reasonable settlement possibilities.
- Delivery of exceptional legal representation and negotiation on your behalf regarding all issues.
- Advice about any risks in the process, including costs or rulings that might go against you.
- Prompt responses to your calls and emails, and meeting with you in the office to address your concerns.
- Referrals to other leading experts that might be helpful in your divorce or family law case.
- Reasonable predictions about how the court might rule in your family law case if there is a trial, and whether a settlement before trial would be in your best interest.
- Reassurance and empathy regarding the emotional toll of the case—a good lawyer will keep you steady and ensure that you don't go through this alone.
Whether this means returning phone calls and emails immediately or informing our clients of case developments, we make sure to be accessible and prepared to resolve any concerns our clients may have. Strategically speaking, we aim to avoid expensive litigation by working out a resolution of issues whenever possible. This has gained us recognition as a leading firm from peers and clients alike.
Founded over 40 years ago, our firm was built on exemplary service and professional representation. We can offer the help you need.
Helping You Plan For The Future & Move Onto The Next Chapter of Your Life
We have a deep-rooted interest in helping our clients not just in the here and now but in the future as well. We work to protect them with whatever issues may arise in the future. You can depend on Wisselman, Harounian & Associates to help you navigate the complicated disciplines of family law.
At Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, we treat your family as if it were our own.
Why Choose Wisselman, Harounian & Associates?
- 150+ Years of Collective Legal Experience
- Thousands of Family Law Cases Represented
- Recognized by Our Peers as Leaders in the Field
- Four of Our Attorneys Have Been Named to Super Lawyers
Get a Team of Professionals on Your Side
Wisselman, Harounian & Associates is one of the largest matrimonial firms in New York State. Our goal is to offer the highest standards of professional legal services. This involves every single case being monitored by founding attorney Jerome Wisselman himself. Additionally, each of our associate attorneys is required to have a minimum of 5 years' experience, but some have been in practice for as many as 25 years or more.
We work as a team of legal and other professionals. Our firm handles all types of family law cases including mediation, traditional negotiation, litigation, and appeals. We work with our own accountants, forensic experts, and investigators in high net worth cases. We also have a large database of mental health professionals and make referrals for individual therapy, parent coordinators, addiction specialists, and family counseling.
Our firm strives to be affordable to all. Our goal is to meet the needs of our clients and offer a level of service that very few family law firms can match. Across the board, we want to create good deals. Our retainers are reasonable and we offer payment plans upon request. We also offer a free initial case analysis. Contact us today to schedule yours!
Our Commitment To Our Community
At Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, our team of legal professionals not only provide top-tier legal services, counsel, and advice, but also routinely give back to our community.
Our attorneys volunteer hundreds of hours of their time each year to:
- Boy and Girl Scouts
- Pro Bono Recognition Award (NCBA)
- Domestic Violence Victims / Safe Center
- Support Groups
- Long Island Crisis Center
- Educational Outreach to MHP
- Corvette Club
- Parental Alienation
- Nassau County Women’s Bar
- Center for Women of New York
Our Commitment to Clients
There may be times where you feel overwhelmed by the legal processes that must be performed, you can rest assured that our firm will fight vigorously throughout this entire process to help you achieve your goals and your desires. Wisselman, Harounian & Associates was established in 1976 for the sole purpose of helping families negotiate and resolve complicated legal issues.
If you choose to work with our firm, you can be sure that we will work for you. We will take the time to understand your case, goals, and desires, and we will pursue and fight to achieve them for you. We have a successful track record in helping families successfully navigate high-conflict and high net worth cases.
- We will give you advice that is in your best interests no matter how complicated the issues may be.
- We will advise you of the risks of going to trial vs. the benefits of negotiating a settlement instead of trial.
- We will respond to you after hours.
- We will be fully prepared to deal with every aspect of your case with intelligent thinking and strategies.
- We will keep you informed throughout your case, so you know we're striving toward the right divorce / family law solution.
- We cater to the unique needs of each client to protect their best interests.
- Breadth of cases - No case is too large or too small for our full-service firm. We handle all divorce matters.
- Firm size - We are ranked as one of the largest, top Long Island matrimonial law firms by Long Island Business News.
- Smart divorce solutions - When possible, we employ a collaborative approach with related professionals to arrive at an intelligent solution and reduce the adversarial nature of the case.
- Diverse attorney knowledge - We have a team of experienced attorneys (male and female), each having proficiency in a particular matrimonial issue.
- Broad geographical reach - We appear in Family and Supreme Court in all counties in the New York Metro area and Long Island.
- Longstanding firm– Wisselman, Harounian & Associates is well established (since 1976) and our attorneys and staff have considerable longevity with our firm. Most of our attorneys and paralegals have been with our firm for over 10 years.
- Extensive trial and appellate level experience - Our attorneys have handled hundreds of trials and appeals.
- Free case analysis – We provide free initial case evaluations. Evening / weekend appointments available.
Leaders in Family Law - Jacqueline Harounian is a sought-after teacher, author and speaker at
national workshops and conferences devoted to complex issues of family law.
- Jerry Wisselman is a New York “Leading Lawyer,” and Wisselman, Harounian & Associates is one of the “Most prominent family Law Firms in NY area.
- Wisselman, Harounian & Associates has developed legal workshops for specialists in associated fields (e.g. mental health, medical and financial professionals) to understand the legal issues of divorce and family law in and out of the Courts for their professional needs.
- Community Involvement - Wisselman, Harounian & Associates supports the professional development of its attorneys and their involvement in the community. We offer participation and sponsorship to organizations including the Safe Center LI, Board of Directors for BOYS & GIRLS CLUB of Queens, National LGBT Bar Association, the New York State Council on Divorce Mediation (NYSCDM), the Long Island Crisis Center, Center for Women of New York and many more. The firm hosts local meetups and webinars tp provide helpful information about divorce and family law related issues. Any upcoming events and registration information would be listed on the firm's event website.
Attorney Awards, Honors, & Recognition
Our divorce and family law attorneys are leaders in our industry, and their accomplishments include the following:
- Attorney rating AV Preeminent® by Martindale Hubbell® – This reflects that a lawyer has earned the highest rating available for their legal ability and professional ethics.
- 10 out of 10 Superb Rating by Avvo.com – This is based upon years in practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements, and industry recognition.
- Long Island's Top 50 Most Influential Women in Business - Selected by a judging committee, these women represent the most influential women in business, government, and not-for-profit fields.
- Super Lawyers® - Jerry Wisselman selected to the top 100 Super Lawyers list in the New York Metro Area, an honor bestowed to only 5% of all attorneys statewide. Six of our attorneys are named NY Metro Super Lawyers.
- Member of the Family Law Section, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Nassau, Suffolk, Queens County Bar Association, and Federal Bar Associations
- Advisory Board Member for NY State Assembly Committee on the Aging
- Elected to Long Island Business News “40 Under 40” Club for Rising Stars
- Award Winner "Women Making A Difference", Soroptimist International
- Emerging Leader Honoree LIWA (Long Island Women's Agenda)
- Fortune 52 Award Winner for Women of Achievement, Long Island Press
- Designated as Matrimonial Law experts by Newsday
- Member, Board of Editors, New York Family Law Monthly
- Author for NY State Bar Association "Elder Law Attorney", on Grandparental Rights
- Teacher/lecturer at Hofstra Law School, LI University/CW Post, Queensboro College
- Guest speaker on network and local television and radio programs including cable TV, WBLI, Good Morning America, CBS News
- Mayor/Chairman of Zoning Board of Appeals, Village of Flower Hill, Roslyn, NY
- Teacher/author/speaker at national workshops and family law conferences
- Town of North Hempstead Roll of Honor
- Arbitrator, District Court of Nassau County
Contact Our Divorce Lawyers in Great Neck for a Free Consultation
Our Office Location
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 300
Long Island, NY 11021