Glen Cove Divorce Attorneys
Family Lawyers in Glen Cove – (516) 773-8300
Most individuals going through a divorce could use legal guidance and emotional support. Find the assistance you need to feel confident about your divorce by coming to Wisselman, Harounian & Associates in Glen Cove, New York. We are the name people trust for legal representation marked by both experience and genuine compassion. Your issues are taken to heart as if we were representing members of our own family.
A few reasons why our law firm stands out from any others:
- Our law firm was established in 1976, more than 44 years ago. Collectively, our legal team has more than 150 years of total legal experience.
- We offer a first responder discount to military service members, police officers, firefighters, and other civil servants as our way of saying thank you for making our lives safer and easier.
- Founding Attorney Jerome Wisselman has been named “A Top 100” New York Metro Super Lawyers® member for his commitment to practice excellence and client satisfaction.
- Partner Jacqueline Harounian has been named as a New York “Top 50 Women Lawyers” member and also has been recognized as AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®.
When it comes to your divorce, you should not cut any corners. The results of your divorce will change your life for many years to come, after all. To make certain you are getting representation that can meet your high standards, choose Wisselman, Harounian & Associates in Glen Cove first.
Call (516) 773-8300 or contact us online to begin your divorce or family law case.
Compassionate Assistance for Your Divorce Case
No two divorces are identical, which means your divorce representation needs to be unique as well. At our law firm, we take pride in being able to carefully assess every situation and create a truly personalized approach to casework and representation. No one who comes to our law firm is handed cookie-cooker legal assistance. Everyone is seen as a valued client in need of some guidance and insight.
You can trust our Glen Cove divorce lawyers with all types of cases and problems, such as:
- Child custody: If you want to get sole or primary custody of your child by the end of your divorce, you may need to fight your spouse for it in court. Prepare your child custody case with confidence by putting our lawyers in your corner.
- Child support: To ensure your child’s needs are met, child support will likely be ordered by the court. The parent who gets primary or sole custody rights will receive child support payments from the other, even if the one paying makes less income than the parent receiving the money.
- Spousal support: Divorce should not put you out of your home and into an uncomfortable living situation. At least, the goal of New York’s divorce court is to prevent this from happening, especially if there are children in the picture. Spousal support may be awarded in your divorce, which orders the spouse of greater income to give funds to the other for a period of time to help them maintain their current standard of living.
- Equitable distribution: As an equitable distribution state, New York requires property to be distributed based on what is fair, not on what is equal. To get your “fair share” of your marital property after divorce, hire us to protect your businesses, real estate, commingled assets, inheritance and separate property. Our Glen Cove divorce lawyers are here to help you construct a logical, convincing argument.
How Else Can We Assist You?
Wisselman, Harounian & Associates is more than just an award winning family law firm. We have a team of attorneys and mediators who have practiced in a variety of adjacent legal fields, allowing us to provide full-circle representation to our clients.
You can come to us if you need help with:
- Wills and estate planning: When your divorce concludes, you should think about what you need to do to update your estate plan, like removing your ex-spouse from your will. We can use our unique backgrounds to cover all corners of your divorce, including anything that connects to estate planning.
- Real estate law: The equitable distribution process of your divorce could result in the need to sell your family home or transfer sole ownership of it to yourself or your ex-spouse. Using our knowledge of real estate law, we can guide you through this process as well.
Enjoy a total legal solution for your divorce in Glen Cove by choosing Wisselman, Harounian & Associates today. We offer free initial consultations to inquiring clients. Call (516) 773-8300 to schedule one.