Family Lawyers and Mediators in Douglaston
The law affects virtually every facet of our lives. One of the most impactful areas of law involves marriage and relationships. Many adult Americans have aspirations to get married and start a family. Furthermore, a significant number of married couples end up getting divorced. Marriage is a legally recognized relationship that is the source of certain duties an individual assumes by law. Moreover, the parent-child relationship is a special relationship recognized by law that serves as the basis for several legal rights and responsibilities. For couples who are not married, there are stil legal issues with regard to custody, travel, child support and ownership of property. Some couples are concerned about inheritance, separate property, IVF, medical costs, and guardianship. Our firm handles all of these issues!
The chances of someone encountering a legal issue related to family law are significant. Some family law matters can be “messy” or complicated. In such cases, you should seek the professional counsel of a licensed Douglaston family lawyer at Wisselman, Harounian & Associates.
Our legal team has focused their practice on assisting Douglaston residents and their families with major legal disputes involving New York divorce and family law. We believe in a taking a compassionate yet objective approach to legal representation, so you have an empathetic and effective advisor who can also champion your cause and give you straight advice.
Reach out to Wisselman, Harounian & Associates about your case by calling us at (516) 406-8500 today.
Compassionate & Effective Advice & Advocacy
When it comes to practicing family law, the role of a lawyer extends beyond reviewing your financial documents and arguing for you in court. First of all, the best family law attorneys assess your case to see if there are options to avoid court if possible. A good family law attorney also has the compassion, patience, knowledge, and judgment to effectively counsel you about issues that many consider very private. At Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, you can count on us to not only champion your rights and interests throughout the process but also to provide you with support and understanding on a 24/7 basis during a stressful chapter in your life.
We take pride in our ability to deliver top notch client service and representation for our clients. Our goal is to exceed your expectations, including:
- Gathering all of the necessary facts that are unique to your situation
- A thorough evaluation of the laws applicable to your case
- A review of all of your strategy options
- Compassionate legal representation with 24/7 assistance from your attorney
- Responsive and prompt communication by phone, email, or in the office
- Sound and objective legal counsel that addresses the pros and cons of pursuing litigation
- Dependable referrals for financial, tax, pension or mental health experts and investigative services to support your case and get you the best possible outcome
In-Depth Representation for Divorce & Matrimonial Law
In addition to offering compassionate and effective representation, we pride ourselves on our unmatched legal acumen and practice experience. Our partners and associates are trial ready, and each attorney at our firm has a minimum of 7 years courtroom experience. You will never have to work with a brand new inexperienced associate. Experience matters.
Our team of family lawyers at Wisselman, Harounian & Associates has years of valuable experience working with the following legal issues and proceedings:
- Property Division: We can advise and counsel you about how your assets and liabilities will be divided upon divorce.
- Spousal Support: We can help you secure the financial support you need to carry on with your life at the standard of living you achieved while married.
- Child Custody: You can count on us to protect and promote your children’s best interests while helping you maintain a healthy and close relationship with them.
- Child Support: We have experience litigating issues concerning the financial support of your children after the relationship ends.
- Paternity: Your rights as a parent depend on DNA testing, unique facts of your relationship between you, your former partner, and your child.
- LGBTQ Family Law: We are committed to helping members of the LGBTQ community find effective legal solutions to their family law disputes.
- Fertility & Reproductive Law: You can count on our legal counsel as you strive to start a family of your own.
- Mediation: Our team understands the legal and interpersonal benefits that private negotiation provides families. You can count on us to properly advise you about alternative options to litigation to resolve your case.
Consult a Skilled Divorce Lawyer or Mediator from Wisselman, Harounian & Associates for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Family relationships are often the most important part of people’s lives. Accordingly, legal disputes affecting family relationships can involve high stakes with lifelong repercussions. Because the legal ramifications of family law cases can be so significant, it is highly recommended that you consult an attorney in Bayside with extensive family law experience. At Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, our seasoned and talented legal team is committed to advocating for your legal rights and making a positive difference during a challenging time. Call us today for a free consultation so we can help.
Directions to the Office
11 min (2.6 miles)
via NY-25A E/Northern Blvd
Head east on Alameda Ave toward 243rd St - 0.3 mi
Turn right onto NY-25A E/Northern Blvd - 2.2 mi
Pass by Capital One Bank (on the right)
Turn right - 0.1 mi
Turn left - 174 ft
Turn left - 177 ft
Destination will be on the left
Wisselman, Harounian & Associates
Call Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, at (516) 406-8500 or contact our office online to set up a free consultation about your case today.