DERRICK A. RUBIN, Esq. joined Wisselman, Harounian & Associates in 1997. Besides being recognized by Newsday as an expert in matrimonial law and a New York Metro Super Lawyer, he has numerous years of handling residential and commercial real estate, landlord/tenant, estate planning, debt collection, traffic, civil litigation, criminal and corporate law.
Mr. Rubin is an accomplished trial attorney handling a wide range of family and matrimonial issues of divorce, custody and visitation, domestic violence, neglect, geographic relocation, enhanced earning capacity, Uniform Interstate Family Support Act actions, omnibus pendente lite motions, Writs of Habeas Corpus, Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Act issues, restraining orders preventing relocation, determination of marital assets and appreciation on separate property.
Two of Mr. Rubin's matrimonial cases were prominently featured on the front page of the New York Law Journal.
To contact Mr. Rubin, please click here.
- Matrimonial and Family Law
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Law
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Business Law
- Wills and Estate Planning
- Traffic Violations
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Litigation
- Debt Collection
- Hofstra University School of Law (J.D., 1984)
- Business School of the University of New York at Albany (B.S. Business cum laude, 1981)
- Named as a New York Metro Super Lawyer, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 (awarded to only 5% of New York Attorneys)
- 2016 Nominated for Best of L.I. in Best Attorney category
- 2013 “50 Around 50” Professionals Award, Long Island Business News
- Arbitrator, District Court of Nassau County, 1992-present - Presided over hundreds of cases
- Temple Judea, Board Member and Temple Attorney
- Former Associate Board Member, Parker Jewish Institute
- Former Treasurer for Roslyn Little League
- New York State Bar (1985)
- Eastern and Southern District (1993)
Village of Flower Hill, NY
- Former Mayor
- Former Chairman, Zoning Board of Appeals
- Former Chairman, Planning Board
Outside The Courtroom
Presenter, Annual Legal Workshops for Mental Health Professionals
- Workshop: Important Financial Aspects of Divorce that Mental Health Practitioners should know
- Presenter, Wells Fargo IBO/Paragon event about Protecting Property in Divorce
- Presenter, Annual Legal Workshops for Mental Health Professionals