New York Divorce Resources
Get Help from a Family Law Firm in Great Neck, Long Island
At Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, we are at the forefront of family law because guiding people through divorce is what we do best. We understand that the divorce process can be stressful, which is why we strive to put your mind at ease by helping you know what to expect at every stage. We believe that the more access you have to valuable divorce resources, the more prepared you will be to make informed, empowered decisions that achieve your goals.
In helping you prepare for your divorce and for your new life after the transition, we have put together a list of valuable information to help you achieve the most successful experience possible. In this resource section, you will find a list of frequently asked questions about divorce and family law, a list of Long Island divorce and family law courts, information on local support groups, and tips and information on parenting after divorce.
If you have any further questions, we encourage you to get in touch with our firm to schedule a complimentary case evaluation. We are available 24/7 and serve clients throughout Long Island and the state of New York. Call (516) 406-8500 today!
Articles Written by Our Attorneys
- When Matrimonial Attorneys Become Divorce Mediators
- Avoiding the Built In Tax Liability of an Asset Transferred in Divorce
- What Business Owners Need to be Aware of in the Event of a Divorce
- Attorney Communication with DSS Permissible?
- Split and Shared Custody Arrangements (Part 1)
- Split and Shared Custody Arrangements (Part 2)
- Split and Shared Custody Arrangements (Part 3)
- Emancipation, Frustration of Visitation and Child Support
- How Do I Relocate After Obtaining Custody of My Children?
- Must I Still Pay Child Support?
- Responding to Bullying
- Has The Bar Been Lowered For Child Support Modifications?
- Pre Separation and Divorce Legal Clinic Opens
- Congratulations to a Truly Super New York Super Lawyer
- "Constructive Emancipation"
- Grandparent Custody
- Jerome A. Wisselman, Interview with Long Island Business News
- The Legal Ramifications of Workplace Bullying
- Child Custody Decision - In Utero
- The Newest Civil Rights Attorneys
- Long Island Now: Same-Sex Couple Legal Seminar in Great Neck
- As the Gosselins Head in Different Directions
- "Punishing Economy Makes Lawyers Out of Lay People"
- New Regs Make It Easier to Modify Child Support
- Ask the Expert: To What is Fiancé Entitled?
- Ask The Expert: Tapping Ex-Spouse's Benefits
Articles of Interest
- New York State Bar - "Divorce & Separation in New York"
- The Surprising History of Divorce in a Quintessentially American Suburb
- Interview on CBS News Regarding David Goldman Case, Part 1, Part 2
Derrick is extremely professional and meticulous, as well as patient and kind.- Former Client
Working with Jackie Harounian during difficult situations became a pleasurable experience.- Former Client
Your skill, patience, and calm disposition brought me reassurance.- Former Client
Lloyd has been the utmost advocate to me to help guide me through the most difficult situation of my life and to help protect my child.- Former Client
This firm should be on your shortlist for consideration in any divorce and/or custody matter.- Former Client