"We respect the importance of our clients’ matters to each and every one of them, and work hard to address all their concerns so they feel comfortable with their representation, and know that we truly care about them and their results."
Jerome A. Wisselman, Esq., founder of Wisselman, Harounian & Associates in 1976, has maintained high standards of professional integrity and achievement for over 40 years in practice of matrimonial & family law.
Recognized Family Lawyer in New York
Attorney Wisselman places emphasis on providing excellent client service and delivering smart solutions and successful results for his clients.
Recognizing the importance of having sufficient resources to handle complicated litigation matters, he built a firm which is acknowledged in the following ways:
- Among the most prominent family law firms in the New York area – New York Magazine
- One of the largest matrimonial firms on Long Island – Long Island Business News
In addition, Jerry Wisselman has been selected to the list of Top 100 New York Metro Super Lawyers®.
Background & Experience
Mr. Wisselman's background in accounting and tax law helps him effectively handle complex financial issues. He creates and conducts legal workshops for mental health professionals, enabling them to better assist patients going through matrimonial litigation.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- 2019 Best Law Firms, US News & World Report on Best Lawyers
- 2019, 2017 List of Nation’s Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- 2018 Best Lawyers in New York, The Wall Street Journal
- 2017 New York’s Leading Lawyers, New York Magazine
- New York Metro Super Lawyer, 2020, 2018-2014, 2009 (awarded to only 5% of New York attorneys)
- Family Law “10 Best Attorney” Selection for New York, The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016-2017
- Top 100 Family Lawyers in the State of New York, American Society of Legal Advocates, 2015-2017 (less than 1.5% of lawyers overall are selected)
- Top 100 New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2015 (The Top 100 group received the highest point totals in the NY Metro nomination/review process. One of only three Long Island attorneys received this distinction, and the only one for matrimonial law)
- Member, Board of Editors, New York Matrimonial Strategist, 2015-2017
- NY Tri State: Prominent Family Law Practitioners, New York Magazine, 2015
- Top Ten Legal Eagle, Long Island Pulse Magazine, 2015
- Leadership in the Law Award, Long Island Business News, 2015, 2014
- Member, Board of Editors, Law Journal Newsletters, NY Family Law Monthly, 2006-2015
- Nominated by Long Island Press BEST OF L.I. for Best Divorce Lawyer
- “Superb” Rating on Avvo.com, (10 out of 10) 2012-2018
- Vice Chair, Family Court Law & Procedure Committee, NCBA, 2012-2014
- Client Distinction Award, Martindale.com, 2013
- "Top New York Lawyers", Arrive Magazine, 2011
- Member, Family Law Section, New York State Bar Association
- Member Nassau, Suffolk and Queens County Bar Associations
- Member, Great Neck Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Gotham Long Island Legal, 2010-Present
- Former Advisory Board Member: New York State Assembly Committee on the Aging, Brookdale Foundation and Grandparents Reaching Out
Jerry was on the Board of Editors of the New York Family Law Monthly, where he was a regular contributor from 2006-2015, and is currently on the Board of Editors of the Matrimonial Strategist.
He has also lectured on and written about grandparental matters for the New York State Bar Association and has contributed to legislative efforts in this area of law.
Click here to contact Mr. Wisselman.