"I strive to be a meticulous, tenacious yet compassionate partner in your cause, seeking the best possible results for you."
DERRICK A. RUBIN, Esq., Senior Associate at Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C. has been with the firm since 1997. Besides being recognized by Newsday as an expert in matrimonial law, Mr. Rubin has been named a New York Metro Super Lawyer for 7 consecutive years. In addition to matrimonial law, he has extensive experience in residential and commercial real estate, landlord/tenant, estate planning, debt collection, civil litigation, criminal and business law.
Mr. Rubin is an accomplished trial attorney handling a wide range of family and matrimonial issues of divorce, custody, visitation, child support, maintenance, equitable distribution, domestic violence, neglect, geographic relocation, omnibus pendente lite motions, Writs of Habeas Corpus, and restraining orders preventing relocation. Derrick Rubin had numerous cases prominently featured in the New York Law Journal including two on the first page. Derrick Rubin has achieved success at both the trial and the Appellate level of court.
To contact Mr. Rubin, please click here.
Awards, Memberships & Affiliations:
- 2019 -2021 Best Law Firms, US News & World Report
- New York Metro Super Lawyer, 2014- 2020
- Awarded for seven consecutive years. Only 5% of New York Attorneys are selected.
- Arbitrator, District Court of Nassau County, 1992-present - Presided over hundreds of cases
- Temple Judea, Board Member and Temple Attorney
- Former Associate Board Member, Parker Jewish Institute
- Former Treasurer for Roslyn Little League
- New York State Bar (1985)
- Eastern and Southern Districts (1993)