About Our Firm
Legal Solutions for Divorce & Family Law in Metropolitan New York
At Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, we set the standard for family and divorce law in Great Neck, Long Island. Each member of our legal team is committed to the highest standard of excellence, and we are confident in our ability to find an intelligent and creative legal solution to your case. With more than 150 years of combined experience, you can trust our Long Island divorce attorneys to provide the top-notch counsel that you deserve.
Our Commitment to Clients
- We will give you advice that is in your best interests no matter how complicated the issues may be.
- We will advise you of the risks of going to trial vs. the benefits of negotiating a settlement instead of trial.
- We will respond to you after hours.
- We will be fully prepared to deal with every aspect of your case with intelligent thinking and strategies.
- We will keep you informed throughout your case, so you know we're striving toward the right divorce / family law solution.
- We cater to the unique needs of each client to protect their best interests.
- Breadth of cases - No case is too large or too small for our full-service firm. We handle all divorce matters.
- Smart divorce solutions - When possible, we employ a collaborative approach with related professionals to arrive at an intelligent solution and reduce the adversarial nature of the case.
- Firm size - We are ranked as one of the largest, top Long Island matrimonial law firms by Long Island Business News.
- Diverse attorney knowledge - We have a team of experienced attorneys (male and female), each having proficiency in a particular matrimonial issue.
- Extensive trial and appellate level experience - Our attorneys have handled hundreds of trials and appeals.
- Longstanding firm– Wisselman, Harounian & Associates is well established (since 1976) and our attorneys and staff have considerable longevity with our firm. Most of our attorneys and paralegals have been with our firm for over 10 years.
- Broad geographical reach - We appear in Family and Supreme Court in all counties in the New York Metro area and Long Island.
- Free case analysis – We provide free initial case evaluations. Evening / weekend appointments available.
Super Lawyers® -
Jerry Wisselman selected to the the top 100 Super Lawyers list in the New York Metro Area,
an honor bestowed to only 5% of all attorneys statewide.
- Six of our attorneys are named NY Metro Super Lawyers.
Leaders in Family Law - Jacqueline Harounian is a sought-after teacher, author and speaker at
national workshops and conferences devoted to complex issues of family law.
- Jerry Wisselman is a New York “Leading Lawyer,” and W & A is one of the “Most prominent family Law Firms in NY area.
- W&A has developed legal workshops for specialists in associated fields (e.g. mental health, medical and financial professionals) to understand the legal issues of divorce and family law in and out of the Courts for their professional needs.
- Community Involvement - Wisselman, Harounian & Associates supports the professional development of its attorneys as well as their involvement in the community. We offer participation and sponsorship to organizations including the Safe Center, Board of Directors for BOYS & GIRLS CLUB of Queens, National LGBT Bar Association, the New York State Council on Divorce Mediation (NYSCDM), and many more.
Attorney Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Attorney rating AV Preeminent® by Martindale Hubbell® – This reflects that a lawyer has earned the highest rating available for their legal ability and professional ethics.
- 10 out of 10 Superb Rating by Avvo.com – This is based upon years in practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements, and industry recognition.
- Long Island's Top 50 Most Influential Women in Business - Selected by a judging committee, these women represent the most influential women in business, government, and not-for-profit fields.
Our Office Location
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 300
Long Island, NY 11021